Ambisonics - Third order 16 channel recordings in ambiX order converted in browser for binaural playback.
We are a team of 3, People Bo-Erik Sandholm,Stefan Schreiber and Roger Sandholm joined in an effort to create a standard for a media format and a reference implementation of HOA ambisonics playback with head tracking in browsers on the majority of platforms.
We use AAC or Opus encoded media, also Wav, flac or any other multichannel codec your browser support works.
First and second order Ambisonics can also be rendered to Binaural in several examples.
Verified to work with Firefox and Chrome - Media is encoded as 16 channels, split in 2 segments if the encoder/decoder chain makes in necessary.
This website is a companion to [Github OHTI]
an effort to create an open headtrack hardware and HTML5 player for playback of HOA Ambisonics in a browser.
[ OHTI OSC Gateway ] Win10,OSX,Linux software for OSC to websocket for headtracking on this site!
To find the menu for player control with selection of examples to play on "blue pages" select the Top Left icon
This Alpha release of OHTI Rev 2 use Omnitone as Ambisonic binaural renderer
OHTI Rev 2 - Play Local or Served Ambix sn3d files
- Select left most button to open and close file selection panel - Button available to select playback for FOA, SOA or TOA.
OHTI Rev 2 with Headtracker support
Software needed to get headtracking to work:
https://roog.github.io/ohti-osc-receiver/ Win10,OSX,Linux software for OSC to websocket!
- Play Local or Served Ambix files - Need OHTI-osc-receiver middleware available above.
- Select left most button to open and close file selection panel - Button available to select playback for FOA, SOA or TOA
- Headtracker ohti-osc-receiver, listens on port 9000 for OSC message IEM SceneRotator/quaternions ....
and opens a websocket on port 8080 for the browser to get quaternion data
Player: Omnitone Exp, directly from Omnitone github examples
- Drag and Drop for local files - Binaural Renderering with rotation, choice of 2nd and 3rd-order ambisonics.
Everything below is more or less unfinished test of different coding efforts - Left as a History
- Binaural Renderer of 2nd and 3rd-order ambisonics - select this to start demo.
Player: github.com/polarch/JSAmbisonics (3rd-order ambisonics)
- Added Farina recorded Stereo13 encoded in AAC.
Control listening direction with the Mouse - select this to start demo.
OHTI player with or without local Headtracker in addition sliders for directions
- [test] Plays server hosted or local files, select left most button to open file selection panel.
Renderering of rotation of headtracker image is wrong + possible issue
- play and pause can need several on off to enable playback
Omnitone play Third order recording encoded as 4 four channel AAC files,
Jazz example - one tune with solist then audience sounds and short instrumental intro.
Omnitone - TEST Play First order Ambix files encoded in AAC-LC or ACC-HE with 48k or 44.1Khz 16bit samplingrates,
this to verify codec support on different platforms, Only first 4 channels contain sound!